Company Timeline

Company Timeline

Timeline

Following WWII, Frank J. Doherty, an eager businessman, founded Mid-Continental. He was a keen businessman. He also had a genuine affection for his fellowman that laid the foundation for a company in service to both its employees and its customers. His investment in a trained, stable, safety-conscious workforce birthed a tradition of exceptional performance that continually fulfills high expectations – our own and that of our customers.

Today, Mid-Continental Restoration has a stable workforce 270-strong at offices strategically located to serve clients throughout the United States. The company is financially strong and continually investing in people, equipment and technology.

Take a look at our timeline below.

  • 1946 - Company founded as church painting company in Sioux Falls, S.D.
  • 1952 - Fort Scott, Kansas office opened as a branch to service Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
  • 1956 - Fort Scott, Kansas established as headquarters. Sioux Falls is converted to a branch office to service South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa. Company incorporated as Mid-Continental Waterproofing Company Inc.
  • 1959 – Indianapolis, Indiana office opened to service the Indianapolis and surrounding area.
  • 1970 - Jacksonville, Illinois office opened to service the St. Louis, Missouri area and the state of Illinois.
  • 1974 - Dallas/Fort Worth area office opened to service the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas and Louisiana restoration market.
  • 1976 - An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is established.
  • 1977 - Murfreesboro, Tennessee office opened to service, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi markets.
  • 1980 - Name changed to Mid-Continental Restoration Company, Inc., (MCR).
  • 1993 - Austin office opened.
  • 1994 - Masonry Division established. Fort Scott headquarters relocated to a new, larger facility and added corporate safety director.
  • 1999 - Midco Contractors, Inc., Kansas City, Mo., a wholly-owned MCR subsidiary, opened.
  • 2001 - MCR became 100 percent owned by employees. Oklahoma City office opened.
  • 2002 - Fort Scott headquarters facility expanded, doubling the office and warehouse space.
  • 2007 - Mid-Co Contractors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary, closed.
  • 2012 - Focused Marketing Efforts on Kansas City and the Central US Corridor.
  • 2013 - Opened a Sales Office in Overland Park, Kansas and Hired a Director of Business Development.
  • 2014 - Opened a Sales Office and Warehouse in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
  • 2017 - Opened a Sales Office and Warehouse in Kansas City, Missouri.
  • 2018 - Purchased a new facility to support New Masonry - Tuttle, OK.
1946
Company founded as church painting company in Sioux Falls, S.D. [...]Read More...
Read more.
1952
Fort Scott, Kansas office opened as a branch to service Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas. [...]Read More...
Read more.
1956
Fort Scott, Kansas established as headquarters. Sioux Falls is converted to a branch office to service South Dakota, North Dakota,
Read more.
1976
An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is established. [...]Read More...
Read more.
1980
Name changed to Mid-Continental Restoration Company, Inc., (MCR). [...]Read More...
Read more.
1994
Corporate Safety Director Established as well a Masonry Division. [...]Read More...
Read more.
2001
MCR becomes 100 percent owned by employees. Oklahoma City office opened. [...]Read More...
Read more.
2012
Focused Marketing Efforts on Kansas City and the Central US Corridor. [...]Read More...
Read more.
2018
In 2018, MCR purchased a facility in Tuttle, OK to support the New Masonry division of Mid-Continental. [...]Read More...
Read more.