Following WWII, Frank J. Doherty, an eager businessman, founded Mid-Continental. He was a keen businessman. He also had a genuine affection for his fellowman that laid the foundation for a company in service to both its employees and its customers. His investment in a trained, stable, safety-conscious workforce birthed a tradition of exceptional performance that continually fulfills high expectations – our own and that of our customers.
Today, Mid-Continental Restoration has a stable workforce 270-strong at offices strategically located to serve clients throughout the United States. The company is financially strong and continually investing in people, equipment and technology.
Take a look at our timeline below.
- 1946 - Company founded as church painting company in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- 1952 - Fort Scott, Kansas office opened as a branch to service Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
- 1956 - Fort Scott, Kansas established as headquarters. Sioux Falls is converted to a branch office to service South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa. Company incorporated as Mid-Continental Waterproofing Company Inc.
- 1959 – Indianapolis, Indiana office opened to service the Indianapolis and surrounding area.
- 1970 - Jacksonville, Illinois office opened to service the St. Louis, Missouri area and the state of Illinois.
- 1974 - Dallas/Fort Worth area office opened to service the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas and Louisiana restoration market.
- 1976 - An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is established.
- 1977 - Murfreesboro, Tennessee office opened to service, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi markets.
- 1980 - Name changed to Mid-Continental Restoration Company, Inc., (MCR).
- 1993 - Austin office opened.
- 1994 - Masonry Division established. Fort Scott headquarters relocated to a new, larger facility and added corporate safety director.
- 1999 - Midco Contractors, Inc., Kansas City, Mo., a wholly-owned MCR subsidiary, opened.
- 2001 - MCR became 100 percent owned by employees. Oklahoma City office opened.
- 2002 - Fort Scott headquarters facility expanded, doubling the office and warehouse space.
- 2007 - Mid-Co Contractors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary, closed.
- 2012 - Focused Marketing Efforts on Kansas City and the Central US Corridor.
- 2013 - Opened a Sales Office in Overland Park, Kansas and Hired a Director of Business Development.
- 2014 - Opened a Sales Office and Warehouse in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 2017 - Opened a Sales Office and Warehouse in Kansas City, Missouri.
- 2018 - Purchased a new facility to support New Masonry - Tuttle, OK.